In this class we will be using some basic tatting techniques to make an adorable pendant ideal for key rings, zipper pulls, or bag adornments. The class is designed to accommodate multiple skill levels from “what’s a shuttle?” to an adventurous beginner that wants a little supervised practice. The pattern is written in sort of a Choose Your Adventure style, so you have spots where you can choose to keep it simple or try the next technique, with some escape routes along the way.
Class Difficulty Rating: 1
Materials Needed for Class:
- 1-2 charms or small pendants
- 2-3 medium sized lobster clasps
- 1-3 small jump rings for jewelry.
- Size 10 cotton crochet thread in 2 contrasting colors. (White or very dark colors are NOT recommended as it is difficult to see the stitches. You’ll only need 5-10 yards each but I’d recommend just bringing a ball of each. Alternatively one ball of a verigated thread can work for color contrast.)
- Scotch tape
- Tatting shuttle (Any style is allowed, our preferred shuttle has a removable bobbin and a small hook on the end)
Instructor: Sarah Delo